Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Time of my Life

Life is hectic. One side of my brain - the one that is getting all the complaints from my sore back, my heavy feet, and my sleepy head - considers it hellishly hectic. I'm in a list frenzy of epic proportions. This week I'm planning my mum's birthday tea, Poppy's birthday party, my husbands birthday surprises on holiday, packing for said two week family holiday, trying to organise childcare so I go have a scan and take my mum out for lunch, baking for Poppy's school birthday celebration, baking and cooking for birthday party etc etc etc. I have lists for my lists. Holiday lists. Party lists. Present lists. My lists are so colour co-ordinated they look like the aftermath of a fight in a wool shop.
The kids sceam, the cats meaow and as soon as I sit down, the baby kicks the hell out of me.
"Take it easy," they tell pregnant women. Are they having a laugh?

But the other side of my brain is happy and relaxed. Whenever the frenetic fury of the other side stops squawking for a moment, my happy side realises that this is actually the time of my life. I have two glorious, gorgeous girls, one gorgeous, glorious guy, and one much loved, much wanted, long awaited baby on the way. My mum and dad, and brother's fmaily are close, alive and well.

My life is hectic, and rushed, and chaotic, and challenging, and exhausting and exhilerating, because my life is full. For the last two years, grief and confusion has played a large part in our life and the loss of three babies will always be felt. But. My life is alive and filled with love and laughter. I may be exhausted most of the time, but I am also grateful. And I need to tell the other side of my brain to chill out a bit more. This is the time of my life, and I want to live it.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I think it's something we sometimes forget! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound truly happy and I'm very glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. Isn't it crazy how much we plan fir this and that and forget this is it, we're not doing a practise lap before the real thing! Delighted the baby, girls and yourself are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel tired reading all of that!! But it is so important to enjoy life and not let all the hectic planning and rushing around take up all the enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you sure are busy this week! So glad to read your blog and hear things are so well thou. I've been back to work and haven't logged onto the blogosphere for a while - when I left your world seemed overwhelmed. :O) yay for baby and ya for such a busy, productive and caring mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inspiring post you got here. Sometimes, we tend to forget all the beautiful things in our lives because of being too much stressed and exhausted. We should learn how to balance life. I admire you. :-)

    ReplyDelete