I'm writng an article for an Irish parenting magazine on the difference between society's perception of a 'super mum' and how we, the actually parents, think.
As part of my little survey , can I be so bold as to ask ye super / semi-super / not super at all parents your thoughts?
- If you could list three things that make a good parent, what would they be?
- Is there one area of parenting you feel intimidated in by other parents / magazines (spending time, parties, fashion, academic results, etc)
- How do you think the media portray 'good' parents?
- What 'celebrities' are portrayed as good parents and why?
- In a rating on 1-10 how would you rate the following in terms of importance (as taken from a widely read magazine) - being a size 8 2 months after birth, child in matching Louis Vuitton accessories, spending quality time with your child...
- Should we feel guilty for wanting to escape occassionally?
thank you, thank you, thank you.. any other comments very welcome.... one word answers can suffice although any ranting essays are welcome too....
will post up finished article soon. thank you...